Saturday, April 2, 2011

My relationship with Pineapple

I love pineapple.  It's delicious.  I love it on pizza.  I love eating it out of the can.  So when I saw a pineapple at the store for a decent price I had to have it.


I brought my beautiful prize home.


I cut it into pieces and peeled some kiwis to go with it (they were also at a good price at one of the fruit stands near by).


I started eating the pineapple.  And I couldn't stop.  I ate more and more and then this happened...

Yes, those are my taste buds crying there...
 
and I started to think that there might be a problem.


I did some research, and apparently I'm not the only one with this problem.  I thought maybe it was just the acidity, but then again the Husband doesn't have any problem eating all the fresh pineapple he wants.  I can eat cooked pineapple (like on pizza) with no problem at all.  So I think I've narrowed it down, and since I know I'm allergic to some kinds of pollen, it's not totally unusual that I would also be mildly allergic to fresh pineapple.

I still have some of that delicious pineapple left in the refrigerator... I guess I could cook it, but really, I'll probably just force it down and deal with the feeling that I've rubbed my tongue against a cheese grater, and the mild sore throat.

That is my current relationship with pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment