Friday, March 25, 2011

What I did this week...

 At first I thought I was just being extremely lazy... then I thought I was suffering from something even worse and much more sinister than laziness...

I've also been mixing some delicious cocktails inspired by watching Jeeves and Wooster... but it's not a good idea to add rum to your sloth... you end up with a drunk sloth... which, if I could draw, would be a very funny picture indeed.  I'm not sure why I feel slothful though, because I have So Many Projects.  Here, just to show a few:

Not sure what the flowers will be for, but they're cute :D
I had to use up the Baileys frosting :)
Bacon, Cheddar and Broccoli quiche
The cake was just boxed yellow cake with chocolate chips, but I had to have something to put the Baileys frosting on... Here 's the quiche recipe for those of you that might like to try it (really the filling could contain any number of delicious things, I just picked three things I liked:


***

Bacon, Cheddar and Broccoli quiche:
1 Pie crust (I used the Trader Joe's one, because I was feeling too lazy to put one together :P)
4-5 strips crumbled bacon
4-5 florets of broccoli, finely chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp rosemary
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cook the bacon.  Pre-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes.  Whisk together eggs, milk, thyme, garlic powder, rosemary, paprika and pepper.  Add half the crumbed bacon, half the cheddar cheese (I know I used more than 1 cup, but you're free to do as you please), and half the broccoli to the pie crust.  Pour the egg mixture into the crust, add the rest of the bacon, cheddar and broccoli and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until the top is browned and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.

Let it cool and cut into wedges.

***

You could totally adapt that recipe to anything... just use the pie crust and the egg mixture and substitute anything you want.  The cheese does go nicely with everything, but you could use a Gruyere or a spicy jack cheese and get a nice quiche.  I have been making a surprising number of things with eggs, because I really want to try doing some Pysanky for Easter.  Not the real kind where you use whole eggs and wait for them to decompose inside the shell (ewww!) but by blowing out the eggs first and doing them that way.  Who knows, maybe I'll have some awesome decorated eggs to send to all my followers :D

No comments:

Post a Comment