Today I realized that I had bacon in my refrigerator. I wanted to eat the bacon, but couldn't be bothered to stand in front of the stove cooking it. So I decided to bake the bacon :D
But I wasn't going to settle for just plain old bacon, I added maple syrup to one batch, and ginger syrup to a second batch!
To Bake Bacon:
1. Lay the bacon on a cookie sheet (I put aluminum foil in my pan to make cleaning up much easier)
2. Drizzle syrup on the bacon (if using).
3. Put the pan in a cold oven (Do not pre-heat)
4. Turn the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Bake the bacon for 18-20 minutes until it has started to become crispy, curly and browned.
6. Remove from the oven, and move the bacon strips to paper towels to remove excess grease.
7. Let the bacon cool, or burn your tongue on it as I did, since I couldn't wait :P
I don't know what I'm going to use it on, or if it will even make it that long! But it would be really delicious on salad, with eggs... or possibly for maple bacon donuts ;)