Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Instant Frozen Yogurt

It's summer here... it's so hot that it feels like summer is slapping me in the face:

Summer probably does slap a lot like Batman.
Yes.  That's how it feels.

Anyway.  Here's just a few ways I get relief from the summer heat without having to leave our apartment complex:

1) Go for a dip in the pool.
2) Crank up the AC in the apartment.
Or
3) Make some delicious frozen yogurt.

Let's focus on that last one :)


I've been making a series of cooling beverages in my blender.  Because every iced drink tastes better blended.  Then I started thinking about lassis.  They're basically yogurt blended with some fruit and maybe some other stuff.  This recipe is somewhere between frozen yogurt and a lassi - and like most of my recipes, I didn't really measure when I made it, so the measurements are approximate and you can adjust it to your own tastes.

***


Ingredients:
1 cup yogurt (I like vanilla, so that's what I had on hand, you could also use plain)
1 cup frozen berries (I used raspberries the first time, and a mix of raspberries and strawberries the second time, both were awesome)
a little bit of honey (you can leave this out if using a sweetened yogurt)


Add the yogurt, berries and honey to the blender.  


Blend until smooth.  Pour into glasses and enjoy!  


You could probably also make a bigger batch and put it in a glass baking pan and freeze it for a while, then scoop it out with an ice cream scoop.  I think I might have to try that next :)

I should also note that if you use a bit more of the frozen berries and less yogurt, it will obviously be thicker.

How do you plan to beat the summer heat?  I would love more suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment